Fastlife Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fastlife Racing

A place where El Paso can meet up to talk about the fastlife. Motorcycles, Quads, and Cars!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gsxr engine swap question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mannyllaca

Gsxr engine swap question Empty
PostSubject: Gsxr engine swap question   Gsxr engine swap question Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:00 pm

So I blew the engine on my 04 gsxr 600... So now I came across an 06 gsxr 750 engine for sale n want to noe if anyone noes about putting that engine in that frame, will it bolt right up? Any input will be appreciated thanks in advance...
Back to top Go down
bigbirdjustin

PostSubject: Re: Gsxr engine swap question   Gsxr engine swap question Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:57 am

www.gixxer.com will have some info on the swap.
Back to top Go down
scottyp

PostSubject: Re: Gsxr engine swap question   Gsxr engine swap question Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:47 am

Generally speaking, it should. Frames and blocks are the same for those years and blocks. Pull your old engine and take some measurements to confirm. How exactly did you blow the motor?
Back to top Go down
mannyllaca

PostSubject: Re: Gsxr engine swap question   Gsxr engine swap question Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks guys... @Scottyp I'm not sure, I had just changed the clutch n basket n rode fine most the day n all of a sudden goin down 375 it gave out n when I came to a stop it made a loud pop n started leaking coolant...
Back to top Go down
Gore

Gore

PostSubject: Re: Gsxr engine swap question   Gsxr engine swap question Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Sorry to hear that bro
but did you find out what happened or why it did that. ? Question
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/adrianofgore
Legendary
Admin
Legendary

PostSubject: Swap   Gsxr engine swap question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:56 am

If you google Gixxer engine swap there is a company that make the mounting adapters but some are direct bolt ins.
Back to top Go down
https://thefastlife.forumotion.com
mannyllaca

PostSubject: Re: Gsxr engine swap question   Gsxr engine swap question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:51 am

@legendary thanks, I'll look into that
@gore I'm sure I forgot to indent that nut that holds that clutch basket Down n it came loose cause when I took the clutch back apart the bolt was just hanging out in there... On well shit happens
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gsxr engine swap question   Gsxr engine swap question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gsxr engine swap question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fastlife Racing :: Motorcycles :: Street Bikes-
Jump to: