Fastlife Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fastlife Racing

A place where El Paso can meet up to talk about the fastlife. Motorcycles, Quads, and Cars!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just wanted to share some thoughts on clutches brands and efficincy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ramon2130

Just wanted to share some thoughts on clutches brands and efficincy Empty
PostSubject: Just wanted to share some thoughts on clutches brands and efficincy   Just wanted to share some thoughts on clutches brands and efficincy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:53 pm

I recently replaced the clutch on my '06 R6 for a EBC Kevlar Coated one Aftermarket I bought it online at http://www.motosport.com
For anyone out there thinking of getting a new clutch just want to say that its woth every penny paying the extra cash for a high end clutch.
The moment you start riding your bike again you feel a difference in power and acceleration.
I get the new bike riding feeling and I love it.
Back to top Go down
DasMott

PostSubject: Re: Clutches   Just wanted to share some thoughts on clutches brands and efficincy Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:06 am

ramon2130 wrote:
I recently replaced the clutch on my '06 R6 for a EBC Kevlar Coated one Aftermarket I bought it online at "quoted website"
For anyone out there thinking of getting a new clutch just want to say that its woth every penny paying the extra cash for a high end clutch.
The moment you start riding your bike again you feel a difference in power and acceleration.
I get the new bike riding feeling and I love it.

Seems legit. How much was the difference between the OEM and the high end clutch, sometimes the new OEM can be right in the same neighborhood in terms of cost… everything OEM seems to be. Just my 2¢.
Back to top Go down
Michcatt

PostSubject: Clutches   Just wanted to share some thoughts on clutches brands and efficincy Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:53 pm

Any thoughts on slipper clutches? The new ZX10 comes with one stock. I have never ridden a bike with a slipper clutch but some people swear by them. Not sure if Im sold on the idea yet.
Back to top Go down
ramon2130

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to share some thoughts on clutches brands and efficincy   Just wanted to share some thoughts on clutches brands and efficincy Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:05 pm

Prices for my clutch replacement varied by $80-$100 dollars from OEM to High Performance.
I don't have any experience with slipper clutches from what I understand they are used more on performance oriented motorcycles. Racers don't want engine breaking while decelerate as they enter corners and so they use this kind of clutches.
I personally like to use engine breaking / down-shifting to slow down my bike with out using up my breaks feels safer to have it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to share some thoughts on clutches brands and efficincy   Just wanted to share some thoughts on clutches brands and efficincy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to share some thoughts on clutches brands and efficincy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fastlife Racing :: Motorcycles :: Street Bikes-
Jump to: