Fastlife Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fastlife Racing

A place where El Paso can meet up to talk about the fastlife. Motorcycles, Quads, and Cars!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this the mesilla dam ride area?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AndyH

Is this the mesilla dam ride area? Empty
PostSubject: Is this the mesilla dam ride area?   Is this the mesilla dam ride area? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Back to top Go down
AndyH

PostSubject: Re: Is this the mesilla dam ride area?   Is this the mesilla dam ride area? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:01 pm

After clicking the link you have to click the picture for it to open in google maps... Thats the only way I could figure out how to post it... sorry
Back to top Go down
bigbirdjustin

PostSubject: Re: Is this the mesilla dam ride area?   Is this the mesilla dam ride area? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:49 pm

ive been there once and it was pretty beat up but it was fun. kinda hard to find tho
Back to top Go down
AndyH

PostSubject: Re: Is this the mesilla dam ride area?   Is this the mesilla dam ride area? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Going to give it a shot this weekend. Will try and take a few pictures of its conditon.
Back to top Go down
bigbirdjustin

PostSubject: Re: Is this the mesilla dam ride area?   Is this the mesilla dam ride area? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Is this the mesilla dam ride area? Photo10
Is this the mesilla dam ride area? Stamah10
here is some pictures of the way that i had to take to get out there
hope it helps and i am looking forward to the pictures
Back to top Go down
AndyH

PostSubject: Re: Is this the mesilla dam ride area?   Is this the mesilla dam ride area? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 2:53 am

Ended up working on the weekend so I tried to leave early for work today and find / ride it. Left my badge at home, hit traffic, got alittle lost... anyway I found the track but didnt have enough time to unload the bike and ride.

I did take a few pictures tho...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

To get to it I think I was going down someones driveway. Because I was time crunched I decided to stop by the house and see if they owned that land or not. Alas no one was home to talk to.

Judgeing by the recent tracks alot of people ride it and recently too. Sadly there was no one riding at the time to shoot the shit with. When I actually get to ride it ill get some better pictures.
Back to top Go down
MOTOBEAST

MOTOBEAST

PostSubject: Re: Is this the mesilla dam ride area?   Is this the mesilla dam ride area? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:06 pm

I've been here two years and didn't know about this place. Needless to say, as soon as I saw your post I loaded up the bike and went to check it out! After having a sweet time today, I loaded up and headed to las cruses motorsports. I asked about it, and they said, the track belongs to the staughmens, the pecan farmers. They don't mind people riding it, as long as you respect the area. Only catch the people that live there don't like people riding near their house and they've been known to call the cops. No biggy, the police just ask you to leave. Still worth the hassle if you can get atleast twenty mins in! Let me know if you plan on going back, as long as I'm not at work I'm down to go back!
Back to top Go down
AndyH

PostSubject: Re: Is this the mesilla dam ride area?   Is this the mesilla dam ride area? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:00 pm

The assessor office says its BLM land. If you click on the photo and see the larger size you can see its owned by the gov.
Assessor

I dont see anyone close that would complain except the people nearby with horses. As long as you dont bother their horses (its a ways from the actual track) I dont see a issue.

I do plan on riding it hopefully this sunday the 6th. It would be before I go into work and I have to plan it out with the misses first.
Back to top Go down
ztouring03

ztouring03

PostSubject: Re: Is this the mesilla dam ride area?   Is this the mesilla dam ride area? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:06 am

seems like a fun place. just to far of a drive from me Neutral
Back to top Go down
erik220

PostSubject: Re: Is this the mesilla dam ride area?   Is this the mesilla dam ride area? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 2:28 pm

Thats the old Stahmann track. They used to have races there about 30 years ago. They stopped because the guy who ran the track as well as the pecan farm, Randy Stahmann, committed suicide in the early 90's if I remember right. The track is ok, the jumps are pretty big and most of the landings are really steep. I had a friend try to do one of the triples, he came up short and had to be air lifted to the hospital. If you ride quads I wouldn't make the trip out there, the track is useless for quads. (personal experience). People that ride that area mostly hit a really fun 38mi trail thats close by there. It's a narrow dirtbike trail that seems to go on forever if you've never ridden it. To find the trail, ride on some of the roads behind the Stahmann track (above the big hill), you should soon find the trail crossing the roads. Keep in mind you have to ride a quite a bit out there, head in the opposite direction of the pecan farm and you should find it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this the mesilla dam ride area?   Is this the mesilla dam ride area? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this the mesilla dam ride area?
Page 1 of 1